Boating is a very popular activity at Lake Atkinson for fishermen, nature lovers and those who enjoy the thrill of water skiing or jet skiing. Motorised and non-motorised watercraft are permitted on the lake.
The boat ramp is located at the Day Use Area.
For your safety and to protect the riparian areas around the lake, boats and vessels are only to be operated from designated launch points.
Please be courteous to our neighbours. Much of the land surrounding the lake is private property. Do not launch, retrieve or beach on land around the lake, other than at signed, designated recreation areas.
All activities on Seqwater lakes are covered by the Boating Regulations set by Maritime Safety Queensland (msq.qld.gov.au). Please keep a safe distance from paddlers.
This site is open to the public seven days a week, from:
- 5.30am to 6.30pm (September – April)
- 6.00am to 5.30pm (May – August)
Please bring your own drinking water supplies, as water provided is suitable only for cleaning, washing hands etc.
Lake Atkinson is currently closed to all water-based activities due to low water levels and water quality issues. We will open the lake as soon as it is safe to do so. Check our recreation and safety notices at for updates.
Wearing a lifejacket can save your life. Even if you're an expert, it is always best to wear a lifejacket while boating. It's a lot harder to put one on in the water during an emergency.
While your safety is important, it is your responsibility.
- Check the weather forecast before you leave home
- Make sure your boat is registered and the operator is appropriately licenced
- Have all safety equipment including lifejackets
- Know the boating rules, speed limits, directional rules, safe distances to other users
- Stay out of exclusion zones. These areas have been established for the safety of all visitors
- Remain vigilant and alert as conditions can change. Be aware that underwater hazards may be present. If unsure, slow down
- Follow the direction of onsite signage at all times.