Lake Atkinson is open for paddling, boating, skiing and swimming.
Check our recreation and safety notices at for the latest updates.
This site is open to the public seven days a week, from:
- 5.30am to 6.30pm (September – April)
- 6.00am to 5.30pm (May – August)
Please bring your own drinking water supplies, as water provided is suitable only for cleaning, washing hands etc.
Wearing a lifejacket can save your life. Even if you're an expert, it is always best to wear a lifejacket while boating. It's a lot harder to put one on in the water during an emergency.
While your safety is important, it is your responsibility.
- Check the weather forecast before you leave home
- Make sure your boat is registered and the operator is appropriately licenced
- Have all safety equipment including lifejackets
- Know the boating rules, speed limits, directional rules, safe distances to other users
- Stay out of exclusion zones. These areas have been established for the safety of all visitors.
- Remain vigilant and alert as conditions can change. Be aware that underwater hazards may be present. If unsure, slow down.
- Follow the direction of onsite signage at all times.