Lake Atkinson is open for paddling, boating, skiing and swimming.
The designated swimming area is marked with buoys on the water.
This site is open to the public seven days a week, from:
- 5.30am to 6.30pm (September – April)
- 6.00am to 5.30pm (May – August)
Please bring your own drinking water supplies, as water provided is suitable only for cleaning, washing hands etc.
Our lakes and surrounding catchments are home to a variety of flora and fauna.
Please be aware when you choose to recreate in natural areas such as lakes, rivers and streams, there are natural hazards associated with this including bites and stings from insects and snakes.
There are no lifeguards on duty at our dams and lakes. To help you play it safe, follow these simple rules:
- Only swim in designated swimming areas at lakes where swimming is permitted. These areas are marked with buoys on the water.
- Always know where your children are – there are no lifeguards here.
- Never dive into water where you can't see the bottom.
- Still water can still be dangerous - monitor conditions and be aware there could be submerged obstacles or uneven ground underfoot.
- Wear a lifejacket.
- Do not swim after drinking alcohol.
- Use common sense and follow safety signage.
- Follow the direction of onsite signage at all times.