Sailing at Lake Baroon (Southern Recreation Area)
Wearing a lifejacket can save your life. Even if you're an expert, it is always best to wear a lifejacket while boating. It's a lot harder to put one on in the water during an emergency.
While your safety is important, it is your responsibility.
- Check the weather forecast before you leave home
- Make sure your boat is registered and the operator is appropriately licenced
- Have all safety equipment including lifejackets
- Know the boating rules, speed limits, directional rules, safe distances to other users
- Stay out of exclusion zones. These areas have been established for the safety of all visitors
- Remain vigilant and alert as conditions can change. Be aware that underwater hazards may be present. If unsure, slow down
- Follow the direction of onsite signage at all times.