Electric boating at Meebun
There is a boat ramp at the Meebun Day Use Area.
Vessels are only to be operated from the designated boat ramp.
Please keep a safe distance from other lake users.
All activities on Seqwater lakes are covered by the Boating Regulations set by Maritime Safety Queensland (msq.qld.gov.au).
This site is open to the public seven days a week, from:
- 5.30am to 6.30pm (September – April)
- 6.00am to 5.30pm (May – August)
Please bring your own drinking water supplies, as water provided is suitable only for cleaning, washing hands etc.
Wearing a lifejacket can save your life. Even if you're an expert, it is always best to wear a lifejacket while boating. It's a lot harder to put one on in the water during an emergency.
While your safety is important, it is your responsibility.
- Check the weather forecast before you leave home
- Make sure your boat is registered and the operator is appropriately licenced
- Have all safety equipment including lifejackets
- Know the boating rules, speed limits, directional rules, safe distances to other users
- Stay out of exclusion zones. These areas have been established for the safety of all visitors
- Remain vigilant and alert as conditions can change. Be aware that underwater hazards may be present. If unsure, slow down
- Follow the direction of onsite signage at all times.