The SEQ Water Grid: Ashgrove to Enoggera Pipeline Upgrade involved building two new sections of underground pipeline and decommissioning our existing water pipeline along Wardell Street.
The $4.2M upgrade was conducted in three stages:
- install a new water pipeline link between Bridge Street and Victoria Street, Ashgrove
- install a new water pipeline between Lloyd Street, Alderley and Pickering Street, Enoggera
- decommission our existing water pipeline along Wardell Street.
The upgrade was completed in June 2017. The new pipeline plays a key role in supplying a reliable drinking water supply to more than 50,000 local residents and businesses.
For information about upcoming work in your area, click here or get in contact with us.
Did you know?
- The water pipeline under Wardell Street was installed in 1940 and is nearing the end of its life.
- Steel pipes generally last for about 80 years.
- This pipeline directly supplies residents and businesses in Ashgrove and Mitchelton and supports the reliability of supply to the northern suburbs of Brisbane.
- It is two kilometres long and supplies more than 50,000 local consumers.
- The SEQ Water Grid is made up of an extensive network of bulk water infrastructure including more than 600 kilometres of pipeline.
- Most South East Queenslanders are supplied by the water grid.
- About 53,000 people live in ‘off-grid’ communities, with water supplied from a local source and treatment plant.
Get in contact
p 1800 427 799