Obtain site access approval before arriving on site

Seqwater's site access system

Launched in April 2016, Seqwater's Permit Access Safety System (PASS) manages access to our sites and controls work that is conducted on these sites. It enables us to control when work activities occur, manage impacts of work activities, and allows greater visibility of what work is occurring at any point in time. 

Site access approval

You must obtain site access approval before undertaking any work at an Seqwater site, unless the work involves performing administration activities (such as attending a meeting) within one of our administration areas.

Your engaging officer is responsible for organising your site access approval, or setting you up with login details for PASS to apply for your own site access. If you have been provided with your own login details, use the buttons below to apply for site access, or login to our training portal.

Note: Contractors must arrange PASS logins with your Seqwater engaging officer. If you do not have a PASS login, contact your Seqwater engaging officer to arrange your site access.


When applying for site access, view:

The following procedures provide additional information about PASS:


Depending on the type of work being conducted, permits may be required. PASS requires the use of the following permits:

1. Major Works Permit (MWP) – this permit is required for all work activities that will impact, or are assessed as having a high risk of impacting, water supply to customers, water quality or the management of flood mitigation assets. 
2. Control Systems Permit (CSP) – this permit is used to manage work activities performed on Seqwater’s control systems. This permit is managed as part of the site access approval process.
3. Project Works Permit (PWP) – this permit is required for all projects that involve construction work. This permit is only used by a Seqwater project manager.
4. High-Risk Work Permits – these permits are used to manage the hazards associated with high-risk work activities.

Seqwater has the following high-risk work permits and rescue plans:


You must be authorised by Seqwater to perform isolations on Seqwater assets. Planning for any work being undertaken at Seqwater will include planning how isolations will be undertaken and who will be responsible for completing the isolation.

If you are working under the control of an isolation, you must attach a blue personal lock and personal danger tag to the lock board before commencing the work activity. You must discuss training and authorisation requirements with your engaging officer if you are performing isolations.


Contractors conducting work (other than administrative tasks) on any Seqwater site must complete the PASS Overview Training. If a contractor is also required to apply for, or work under, a Major Works Permit they must also complete the Major Works Permit Training. PASS training is online, with both these courses taking approximately half an hour each to complete. Click on the training button below, and search the catalogue for PASS to complete your training.