Water for life
Our 30-year plan for providing safe, reliable and affordable drinking water for South East Queensland.
The Water Security Program is Seqwater's plan for providing the region's drinking water over the next 30 years, including during times of drought and flood.
On 24 March 2017, we released version 2 of the Water Security Program which includes a revised drought response plan and planning for all off-grid communities.
Read our eight-page guide, Water for life: South East Queensland's Water Security Program 2018 Annual Report, with updated information about how our water security program performed in 2018.
- South East Queensland's Drought Response Plan
- Water Security Program 2016-46 (Version 2)
- Summary of the Water Security Program
- Learn more about Water for life
- Register your interest or learn more about Water for life.
Annual performance reports
- Water for life: South East Queensland's Water Security Program 2018 Annual Report
- 2018 Water Security Program Annual Report - full version
- Water for life: South East Queensland's Water Security Program 2017 Annual Report
- 2017 Water Security Program Annual Report - full version
Following Seqwater’s establishment on 1 January 2013, we assumed the responsibility for long-term water security planning for South East Queensland. The Water Act 2000 requires us to develop a Water Security Program for securing water across the region over the next 30 years.