Organised events and activities
If you wish to hold an event at one of our dams, lakes or parks, you need to apply for a permit. If your event/activity is approved, the permit will outline the conditions of access and use. Permits are required to ensure:
- you can be notified of any closures or access restrictions to the location you intend to use
- wherever possible operational works and maintenance schedules reflect the timing of your event
- the safety of participants in your event and the safety of other visitors
- environmental and operational requirements are not compromised
- your group / event / activity is permitted at the specified location
- your event will not conflict with public use of the area or impact our neighbours and local residents.
New fees for use of recreational sites from 1 July 2019
New fees will apply for all applications regarding permit-controlled events at Seqwater recreational sites from Monday 1 July 2019.
The new fees and charges are designed to cover costs and mitigate the impact of events on our sites. Applications started on or after this date will be charged under the new schedule.
You can see the new fees and charges here.
Use the self-assessment checklist below to determine the correct application process for your event. If your event is deemed low impact and you do not require an event permit, you will be prompted to send an email to the Seqwater Recreation team. If your event is deemed to require a permit, you will be directed to submit an Event Application Form.
Applications and supporting material should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event to allow our Recreation team time to process the application.
Filming and Photography
We recognise the beautiful landscape and natural features at our lakes and surrounding areas are great locations for filming and photography. Permits are required for film production including feature films, television commercials, travel shows, marketing campaigns and still photography shoots.
Please visit the filming and photography page for further information.