Seqwater public safety app
The Seqwater app gives users information about dam releases, dam levels and updates on recreation in South East Queensland at their finger tips. Users can download the app in to:
- receive water release alerts from gated and ungated dams
- receive notifications about recreation and safety at our lakes
- view the latest dam level information
- search for things to do at Seqwater recreation sites
- quickly access a list of emergency contacts with tap to call links.
The app is compatible with most smartphones, and now has offline compatibility.
Dam alerts and safety notices
The app uses an Early Warning Network (EWN) geographic notification and information system (GNIS) to manage, and issue, notifications about dam releases and recreation and safety notices. Users must register with a valid mobile number and email address to receive alerts.
You must allow the app to use your location services to receive alerts relevant to your area.
It is important that your phone has location services switched on, otherwise Seqwater or EWN cannot send you any alerts or display your current location when using the alerting feature.
- For Android: Go to Settings - Privacy and Safety - Location - ensure is set to on.
- For iOS: Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - scroll to the Seqwater app in the list and ensure 'Always' is ticked.
The app’s use of location updates is an important feature to keeping our visitors safe. It allows us to send real-time safety alerts and notifications to app users based on their location.
Privacy collection statement
If you have any enquiries or feedback regarding Seqwater’s privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Contact Officer:
PO Box 328, Ipswich QLD 4002
Phone: 1300 737 928
Email: [email protected]