Work to upgrade the essential East Bank Water Treatment Plant at Mt Crosby is progressing. We are investing $45 million to upgrade the treatment plant which is a critical part of the SEQ Water Grid.
To complete the upgrade and get the plant back to full service, Seqwater and our contractors need to begin night work. This will start Monday 8 June 2020 and continue through to early September 2020.
We recognise the impact night work can have and we thank you for your patience during this essential upgrade.
To minimise noise and other impacts, our contractors will focus on quieter tasks during night shift, working within treatment plant buildings. Noisier work such as concrete drilling or truck deliveries will be performed during day work hours.
What to expect:
- Night work is scheduled to occur Monday to Friday from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am.
- Day work is scheduled to be performed from Monday to Saturday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Vehicles will enter the site at the start and end of shifts
- No noisy power tools, truck or mobile crane movements will occur during night shift.
- There will be no impact to your water supply.
If you have any questions or concerns about this work, please contact our Community Relations Advisor, Kirsty on 0466 482 309 or [email protected]
Thank you for your patience as we work to upgrade this critical water infrastructure.