This is the first stage of the Beaudesert Water Supply Upgrade and will improve the reliability of water supply in Beaudesert. The reservoirs will store treated drinking water which can be used during high demand periods, maintenance work or other network shortages.
The new storage reservoirs will be connected to the SEQ Water Grid in 2021. Long term water supply reliability will support the continued growth of the region.
- Each reservoir will be roughly 8.5m high and 26m across
- Total treated drinking water storage of 5.1ML (million liters)
- Construction expected to be completed early 2020.
What to expect:
During the construction period residents should expect:
- Increased traffic, including trucks, on local roads
- Most traffic will access Helen Street via Short Street (near the council building) / from the northern end (near the intersection with the Beaudesert Bypass)
- Construction work between the hours of 7am and 5pm on weekdays and between 7.30am and 2pm on Saturdays when required
- Minor disturbances associated with construction work, such as noise and dust
- No changes to Seqwater operations at the Beaudesert Water Treatment Plant. Your water supply will not be affected by these works
- Construction is expected to be completed early 2020.
More about the Beaudesert Water Supply Upgrade:
As the population and economy of Beaudesert grows, the demand for services like water grows with it. Without upgrades to the Beaudesert water supply, we will no longer be able to meet peak demand for water by 2021.
The Beaudesert Water Supply Upgrade includes three stages:
- Upgrades to the Beaudesert Water Treatment Plant, including 5.1 ML of additional water storage.
- The South West Pipeline, a 27 km bulk water pipeline connecting Beaudesert to the SEQ Water Grid.
- The first stage of a new Wyaralong Water Treatment Plant adjacent to the Cedar Grove Weir.
For more information:
For more information or to provide your feedback:
- visit www.yourseqwater.com.au/beaudesert
- call 1300 SEQWATER (1300 737 928)
- email [email protected]
- Non-English speakers call 131 450 and ask for Seqwater on 07 3035 5500.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment contact us through the National Relay Service and give the number 07 3035 5500. Visit www.relayservice.gov.au for more information.