Events and functions
If you wish to hold an event at one of our dams, lakes or parks, you need to apply for a permit. If your event/activity is approved, the permit will outline the conditions of access and use.
Permits are required to ensure:
- you can be notified of any closures or access restrictions to the location you intend to use
- wherever possible operational works and maintenance schedules reflect the timing of your event
- the safety of participants in your event and the safety of other visitors
- environmental and operational requirements are not compromised
- your group / event / activity is permitted at the specified location
- your event will not conflict with public use of the area or impact our neighbours and local residents.
If your event involves aquatic activities you will also need to apply for an Aquatic Event Permit from the Maritime Safety Queensland.
To apply for an event permit, please complete the request form (Word or PDF) and email it to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Recreation Support Officer
PO Box 328
Ipswich QLD 4305
Applications and supporting material should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event to allow our Recreation team time to process the application.
Commercial filming or photography
We recognise the beautiful landscapes and natural features at our lakes and surrounding areas are great locations for filming and photography. Permits are required for film production including feature films, television commercials, travel shows, marketing campaigns and still photography shoots.
Permits ensures any film/photography related activities are carried out in a safe manner without impacting the environment and with minimal disruption to visitors, local residents and our operations.
To apply for a permit please complete and submit the Film Production Application form at least four weeks prior to the production date(s).
The completed and signed application form must be accompanied by:
- a detailed site plan including a map of proposed filming areas
- risk management plan and traffic management plan if required
- the requisite application fee
- satisfactory evidence of a current public liability insurance policy in favour of the applicant for a minimum $20 million.
Please note that applications received less than four weeks before the proposed production date may not be processed, regardless of the application’s merits.
We reserve the right to negotiate any conditions of use and/or fees, depending on the complexity of the application. We may waive or reduce application fees for low impact productions from students or not-for-profit organisations.
We reserve the right to refuse any application where the proposed production is deemed to be unacceptable or could cause harm to the organisation’s reputation.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for film production applications and permits seek to recover costs associated with the management and administration of permits.
A non-refundable processing fee of $100 is payable when you submit your application.
Permit fees will be levied depending on the complexity and the resources required to manage the activity. A minimum charge of $250 per site per day (or part thereof) will be levied.
Permit fees may be waived for students and registered not-for-profit organisations.
Please read the film production information sheet before submitting an application.
If you need more information or have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 737 928.