Collecting personal information
Seqwater collects personal information for the purposes of ensuring water supply to South East Queensland, managing catchment health and providing recreational facilities to the community. The personal information you provide to Seqwater may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and personal preferences.
Collecting other information
A 'cookie' is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. Seqwater sends cookies when you view pages on our website; send a request to Seqwater; or register yourself on our website for certain services. The 'cookie' does not give us access to your personal information, but we may use the cookie to identify your computer.
When you look at Seqwater's website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes only:
- the user's IP address
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc)
- the date and time of visit to the website
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
- Seqwater makes no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities outside this site. In the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect activity logs.
- Using personal information
Seqwater may use your personal information:
- in accordance with your written consent
- for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include (without limitation):
- providing and managing water supply assets
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer related activities
- helping Seqwater to better understand your needs
- otherwise in ways that you would expect and as permitted by the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Disclosing personal information
Seqwater may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- our employees or service providers for purposes that are related to providing you with a service that you would reasonably expect
- regulatory bodies and government agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, as authorised by law
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities, as authorised by law
- otherwise as permitted by the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Except for the above, Seqwater will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
As Seqwater is a Queensland Government statutory authority, all correspondence you send to Seqwater (via post, email or our website) forms public records and will be retained and dealt with by Seqwater as required by the Public Records Act 2002 and other relevant legislation.
Your personal information contained in that correspondence will be dealt with in accordance with this privacy statement and the provisions of the Information Privacy Act 2009.
We will not add your name and contact details to a mailing list.
E-mail and internet correspondence may. be monitored by our website support staff for system trouble shooting and maintenance purposes.
Seqwater is committed to protecting the information you provide us. We have physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Links to external websites
Seqwater's website provides links to external websites. We do not control these sites or their privacy practices. We do not endorse or make any representations regarding third party websites.
Access to and amendment of your personal information
Seqwater takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
If you wish to access or amend your personal information held by Seqwater, please visit our Right to Information page.
Enquiries and feedback
If you have any enquiries or feedback regarding Seqwater’s privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Contact Officer:
PO Box 16146, City East QLD 4002
Phone: 07 3035 5500