Our dams, lakes and parks are visited by 2.7 million people each year to enjoy activities such as swimming, boating, camping and fishing.
Dogs are not permitted in the water at any of our sites. However, there are designated dog on leash parks at Atkinson, Ewen Maddock, Hinze, Lake Macdonald, Maroon and Moogerah dams where you may visit with your canine friend.
Check your local council website for details of council managed dog exercise facilities.
The areas surrounding our lakes are home to an abundance of native wildlife. You can protect them by controlling your dog and not letting them disturb the wildlife that lives in the area.
Play it safe with your canine friends
The parks are community facilities to be enjoyed by everyone. Some visitors may be uncomfortable or frightened around dogs. Please be considerate of others enjoying the park area with you.
To make sure you, and your canine friend, play it safe when visiting our dogs on leash parks, please follow some simple rules that will help you have a fun and safe day.
- Dog owners must control their pets
- Dogs, and other pets, are not permitted to enter the lake at any time
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. You may lead a maximum of two dogs at a time
- Dogs are prohibited from all foreshore areas and boat ramps
- Exemptions applies where an animal is essential to assist a person who suffers from an illness or impairment
- Bring necessary equipment with you to pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste
- Please dispose of all waste in bins provided.
Designated dogs on leash parks
Below is a list of the Seqwater recreation parks which allow dogs on a leash.