East Bank Flood Resilience Program – Master Plan
Seqwater has developed a Master Plan for the East Bank Pump Station site, as part of the East Bank Flood Resilience Program (EBFRP). The development application for the Master Plan has been submitted to Brisbane City Council.
The Master Plan aims to improve flood resilience, while also celebrating the area’s rich cultural heritage and improving connectivity for the community.
You can find the latest news about the project, including the Master Plan, project newsletters and Frequently Asked Questions below. You can also contact the project team to ask questions or find out more about the project.
In August and October 2018, Seqwater invited the local community to provide feedback on the draft Master Plan. During Brisbane City Council's public notification phase, the community had a further opportunity to provide comments about the Master Plan. Seqwater would like to thank everyone who provided feedback by emailing or calling the project team, commenting on the interactive map, attending the community open day and information session or making a public submission to Council.
About the project
The Mount Crosby Water Treatment Plants are a critical part of the SEQ Water Grid and supply about 50 per cent of South East Queensland’s drinking water including the cities of Brisbane, Ipswich and Logan. The EBFRP involves a number of improvements over five years to reduce flood risks to essential bulk water infrastructure at the historical Mount Crosby East Bank Pump Station.
- Project documents
- Frequently asked questions
- EBFRP Newsletter #8 - April 2019 (2.12 MB) (pdf) (2.12 MB)
- EBFRP Works Hill poster - April 2019 (120 KB) (pdf) (120.39 KB)
- EBFRP Works Hill fact sheet - April 2019 (1.37 MB) (pdf) (1.37 MB)
- EBFRP Newsletter #7 - December 2018 (2.14 MB) (pdf) (2.14 MB)
- EBFRP Master Plan - November 2018 (2.49 MB) (pdf) (2.49 MB)
- EBFRP Master Plan factsheet - November 2018 (1 MB) (pdf) (1 MB)
- EBFRP Master Plan poster - November 2018 (2.42 MB) (pdf) (2.42 MB)
- EBFRP Community Feedback factsheet - November 2018 (1.46 MB) (pdf) (1.46 MB)
- EBFRP Substation factsheet - November 2018 (5.27 MB) (pdf) (5.27 MB)
- EBFRP Substation poster - October 2018 (7.06 MB) (pdf) (7.06 MB)
- EBFRP Traffic and Flooding factsheet - November 2018 (657 KB) (pdf) (657.08 KB)
- EBFRP Flooding poster - October 2018 (7.95 MB) (pdf) (7.95 MB)
- EBFRP Staging factsheet - November 2018 (1.23 MB) (pdf) (1.23 MB)
- EBFRP Staging poster - October 2018 (8.57 MB) (pdf) (8.57 MB)
- EBFRP History factsheet - November 2018 (288 KB) (pdf) (287.8 KB)
- What is the East Bank Flood Resilience Program?
- What is the EBFRP Master Plan?
- What does the EBFRP Master Plan involve?
- How has the local community been involved?
- How was the Master Plan changed following consultation?
- Why is the Mount Crosby East Bank Pump Station important?
- How can I find out more about the Master Plan?
- Why is the substation being relocated to higher ground?
- Where will the new substation be located?
- When will construction of the substation start?
- What has Seqwater done about the flood risks since 2011?
- Why do we need a new pump station in the future?
- Why is the Mount Crosby C&K Kindergarten being relocated?
- Where will the kindergarten relocate to?
- When is the kindergarten relocation expected to occur?