Upcoming work in your area - Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
Seqwater owns, operates and maintains bulk water infrastructure in South East Queensland including dams, water treatment plants and pipelines to provide a safe, secure and cost-effective bulk water supply to South East Queensland.
Linville Water Treatment Plant is one of a number of Water Treatment Plants in South East Queensland scheduled to be reconstructed. The existing Water Treatment Plant was constructed in 1979 and has been closed since the 2013 flood event. Currently, the township of Linville is provided drinking water by tanker from Kilcoy.
The new Water Treatment Plant will be larger, to house an improved water quality monitoring station and will draw water locally. The upgraded facility will provide safe drinking water through the use of cartridge filtration barriers and ultra violet (UV) disinfection. Early work will involve a survey of the site and geotechnical investigations.
What to expect:
- Survey work is scheduled for Wednesday 19 December 2018
- Geotechnical investigations are currently scheduled for mid - January 2019
- Construction of a new Water Treatment Plant at Linville is scheduled to begin in July 2019 and will involve the removal and replacement of the current plant and equipment
- Construction is expected to take 6 months, subject to weather conditions and other unexpected delays.
- Work will be conducted within council allowed working hours, Monday to Friday between 6:30am and 6:30pm
- We will minimise noise and other impacts where possible