We will soon be starting work on the Cooloolabin Dam as part of our region-wide Dam Improvement Program.
The upgrade will involve constructing a filter buttress to reinforce the embankments on either side of the dam’s spillway and the lower part of the saddle dam adjacent to the day use area.
What to expect:
• The upgrade will start the first week of October 2017 and is expected to take about five months to complete, subject to weather conditions and any unforeseen project delays.
• Work hours will be between 7:00am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday, and 7:30am and 5:00pm on Saturdays.
• Equipment will include, but is not limited to, excavators, graders, trucks and utility vehicles.
• Some vegetation clearing will occur on the right embankment - all necessary approvals and requirements have been met.
• You may notice an increase in noise, dust and traffic during the construction period. We will minimise disruptions wherever possible and will undertake dust suppression activities along Cooloolabin Road by watering the unsealed road regularly.
Keeping you informed:
The best way for you to stay up-to-date on the upgrade and Seqwater’s Dam Improvement Program is to sign up for our regular e-updates.
For further information or to sign up to our e-updates visit www.seqwater.com.au/damimprovement