Seqwater is cleaning and painting more than three kilometres of above ground pipelines in Mt Crosby, Karana Downs and Anstead between June and October 2017, subject to weather and other unexpected delays.
Recoating protects pipelines from surface corrosion to extend their service life and is required about every 15 years. The pipelines are part of the SEQ Water Grid – a connected network of dams, water treatment plants, reservoirs, pump stations and pipelines. The grid allows us to move water around the region, from Noosa in the north, to Coolangatta in the south and west to the Lockyer Valley.
We are recoating pipelines in the following locations:
Karana Downs and Mt Crosby – complete
- Pipeline opposite Mt Crosby East Bank Pump Station (Stumers Road) to the Mt Crosby East Bank Water Treatment Plant, Karana Downs
- Pipeline on the southern and eastern sides of the Mt Crosby East Bank Water Treatment Plant, Mt Crosby.
Anstead – mid-July to October 2017
- Pipeline from Kangaroo Gully Road towards Hawkesbury Road, Anstead
- Pipeline from Chalcot Road to Hawkesbury Road, Anstead.
What to expect
- Seqwater’s contractors will be accessing pipeline easements and road reserves.
- Standard working hours are between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and Saturday work may be required at times.
- Work involves high pressure blasting (to clean the pipe) and painting. Equipment includes sand and water blasters, generators and compressors to power this equipment, scaffolding and a tented area (encapsulation) around the pipe.
- We do not expect interruptions to your local water supply as a result of this work.
If you’d like more information, please contact our team on 0439 493 328 or email email@example.com