Industry and community groups
Business and industry
- Conduct a water audit to help you identify unexpected patterns such as leaks or faulty fixtures and where you can save water.
- Fix any outside leaks and/or dripping taps and showers.
- Test your irrigation systems to ensure they are operating efficiently.
For more water wise tips, visit:
- Smart water advice for businesses
- ecoBiz Queensland www.cciqecobiz.com.au
Community groups and body corporate
- Monitor and record your water use in the pool and how to minimise waste resulting from backwashing.
- Consider if there are opportunities to use a pool cover when the pool is not in use.
- Consider installing a rainwater tank in the common area to wash your cars, water your garden and/or landscape and replace garden beds with drought resistant plants and foliage.
- Erect signs in the ‘common areas’ to remind everyone not to waste water.
For more water wise tips:
Outdoor sports fields
We understand to maintain sports fields for safe play, they require water. But a few simple tips can help reduce the amount of water required and avoid water wasting when watering sports fields:
- use deep and infrequent applications of water (watering to field capacity)
- minimise light frequent hand watering
- know your irrigation system and how much it applies.