- Take a shorter shower.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Use the half flush when appropriate.
- Don’t flush rubbish and other waste down the toilet. This wastes water, causes significant sewerage blockages which require large amounts of water to clean up.
- Avoid pre-rinsing dishes for the dishwasher – a good scrape is usually enough
- Only use the dishwasher when it is full. A dishwasher uses the same amount of water regardless of the number of dishes in the dishwasher.
- Avoid peeling vegetables under running water. Use a bowl of water or rinse once peeled.
- Only use the washing machine with a full load and on the most efficient cycle.
- Fix dripping taps quickly.
- Check for a leaking toilet cistern.
- Where plumbing is required, contact a registered and licensed plumber.
Visit mpaq.com.au for a list of registered plumbers.
- Choose water efficient washing machines, toilets, shower heads, dishwashers and other appliances.
- Check out how the rating works at waterrating.gov.au.