Ewen Maddock Dam Upgrade - End of Construction
Last Updated: Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 08:27
Ewen Maddock Dam Improvement Program - End of Construction 👷
Seqwater is extremely pleased to announce that work on the Ewen Maddock Dam Upgrade will be finished 6 months ahead of schedule which means Maddock Park will be reopened ahead of the Anzac Day long weekend. There are still a few minor improvements which need to take place such as the board walk repairs and a shade sail over the new playground.
The completed Ewen Maddock Dam Stage 2A Upgrade has strengthened the dam embankment wall with the installation of a chimney filter and created greater capacity to withstand extreme weather events through a 1.6m high concrete parapet wall.
The embankment work was completed in December 2020, which allowed the restricted 60% full supply capacity to be lifted and the lake has been refilling naturally. We were able to maximise the wet season and now the lake is currently sitting at over 80% capacity.
Let’s celebrate 🎉
You are invited to come along to Maddock Park as it will be opened to the public from 12 noon on 23 April 2021 allowing you to use the area like you did before the upgrade, just in time for the long weekend! An event will be held between 1 – 4pm and will include a free sausage sizzle and soft drink.
This event will be in line with the current Queensland Government COVID 19 safe events regulations
What the Upgrade means for you 🙌
After almost 12 months of improvement works, Seqwater will reopen the recreation area at Ewen Maddock Dam on Friday 23 April 2021 from 12 noon. These improvements include:
- new shelters, tables and benches
- new vessel launch pad and wash bay facility
- amenities such as BBQ facilities, playground, connected concrete pathways and an improved beach sitting area at Maddock Park.
Stay up to date
- Check out the videos on our project webpage under key documents to see footage of the lake lowering in 2020 at seqwater.com.au/project/ewen-maddock-dam-upgrade.
- You can sign up to receive text messages on when the dam is spilling from rainfall events. To sign up, or to find out more, visit https://www.seqwater.com.au/dam-release-notification-service
Thank you 👏
We thank you for your patience during this essential safety upgrade and look forward to seeing you enjoying Maddock Park and the lake soon.
For more information please email [email protected] or phone 1300 SEQWATER (1300 737 928).
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated to improve future projects, please complete our 2 mins survey using the link below.