COVID-19 restrictions at recreation areas
Last Updated: Monday, June 22, 2020 - 11:09
Seqwater recreation areas are open to the public for all permitted activities. Please keep in line with Queensland Government’s guidelines outlined in their roadmap to easing restrictions.
- Currently, gatherings are limited to groups no larger than 20 people
- Campgrounds must adhere to physical distancing guidelines and restrict people on site to a maximum of one person per four square metres. This includes staff and patron in common spaces like shared kitchens, laundries, shower blocks and BBQ areas. This is the responsibility of the camp manager to monitor but please be considerate of these rules when using shared facilities.
- A maximum of 20 people are allowed in designated swimming areas and playgrounds
- You must adhere to social distancing advice at all times – keep 1.5m distance
- Some cafes may not be open and food vans may not be on-site, so check with individual vendors.
Police and compliance officers will be monitoring recreation areas and you will be asked to leave if you are non-compliant. However, we cannot be at all of our sites all of the time to enforce restrictions and ask the community to please work together and adhere to the guidelines.
Sites may also be closed if visitors are ignoring social distancing guidelines or contravening directions of the Chief Health Officer.
Please check the Recreation and safety notices before leaving home for latest information on conditions and closures. Some sites will remain closed for reasons such as maintenance or low water levels.