Damaging or interfering with our infrastructure may impact essential water services to you, your neighbours and the local community.
Whether you are a property developer, contractor or landholder, you may require approval from Seqwater before working over or near our infrastructure. This includes:
- building a structure
- constructing a driveway
- road works
- installing pipes, cables and other services.
Before you get started
We recommend you contact the Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) service on 1100, between 8am and 5pm weekdays, or online at www.1100.com.au. DBYD will help you identify if Seqwater has infrastructure in the location you are planning to work.
How to get approval
- Check our Consent Guidelines to determine whether you need to complete an application for your proposed works. These guidelines ensure our infrastructure is protected under Section 192 of the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008 (Qld).
- Download and complete a Consent Application.
- Submit your application, along with a copy of your plans in relation to our infrastructure, via email or post
- We will assess your application and provide a response within 20 business days.
Submit your application to
Mail PO Box 328 Ipswich QLD 4305
Call 1800 771 497
The consent guidelines provide general background and information about Seqwater’s requirements when work is proposed to be carried out near Seqwater infrastructure. Any consent to work provided by Seqwater does not alter or remove any obligation the applicant has to obtain consent or approval for work from other authorities or agencies. Examples given within the consent guidelines are suggestions only and not inclusive of all tasks.